problem compiling xf86-video-intel

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:56:31 PDT 2006

Trying to resolve bug 6635, I tried to compile xf86-video-intel, but
have a weird error when trying to configure.

The machine is a i386 running debian testing, with autoconf 2.60a,
automake 1.9.6 and autogen 5.8.3. The error I get when I ./autogen./sh
is:
./configure: line 20685: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
./configure: line 20685: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'

The m4 macro XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT is never defined indeed. Need I
install or configure some additional stuff before I may ./autogen.sh?

Most economic fallacies derive... from the tendency to assume that there
is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.
        -- Milton Friedman