xf86-input-mouse issues

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Thu Sep 28 06:35:47 PDT 2006

On Sep 12, 06 23:07:47 +0200, Christoph Brill wrote:
> I still stumble upon several problems in xf86-input-mouse-1.1.1. First:
> there are random "scroll left" events when I scroll down really fast.
> This mostly happens in eclipse in some several thousand lines of code
> file (if that matters).

Sorry for the slow response.

You probably have a
  Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
or similar in your xorg.conf. Reduce this to a single wheel
configuration ("4 5"), and it should be ok. This cannot be autodetected,
unfortunately.

> Second: My mousewheel click are often not detected. Or when the click is
> detected and I click for a longer time (i.e. in blender moving the
> camera) the state that it's clicked is "forgotten". Or if I double click
> to get the click detected once, the first one is ignored and the second
> one is detected twice (i.e. when copying text, first click: nothing
> happens, second click: text appears twice).

Hm. Never heard of that. Please post your complete configuration.

> I'm sometimes blaming my wireless mouse for that issue, but it has never
> happened in windows or in console gpm. So I'm not 100% sure. If I

I don't think so. If you want to make sure, call evtest on the event
device of the mouse (you might have to guess and try out all of them),
and check whether it is behaving as intended or not.

CU

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __