RandR 1.2 for Xorg 7.2?

James Cloos cloos+pdx-xorg at jhcloos.com
Wed Sep 27 13:35:14 PDT 2006

>> So, what is the plan for cases where EDID alike info is hardcoded
>> in the box's rather than in the panel's firmware?

Keith> Ajax was suggesting that we just cons synthetic EDID info and ship that
Keith> back. I think that's probably a better plan than designing a separate
Keith> EDID-alike format.

Apologies for my ambiguity; I didn't mean to suggest that an EDID-
alike format be sent to the apps, but rather was asking about taking
the firmware's existing EDID-alike data and converting it into EDID
format for the apps.

It seems that there will need to be significant driver-specific code
for doing that, depending on how many different ways firmware on the
different platforms stores the data, yes?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0xED7DAEA6