i855 timing mismatch, xorg lying about frequencies ? [was: 'Moiree' patterns...]

xorg at zevv.nl xorg at zevv.nl
Tue Sep 26 08:50:28 PDT 2006

* On 2006-09-26 Barry Scott <barry.scott at onelan.co.uk> wrote  :

> Basically this does not work in the release i810 driver. You need to use the
> modesetting branch of the driver from git.

That's what I expected

> I get the sources with:
>
> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
> xf86-video-intel

Ah, thank you very much for the tip. I just acquired the source, ran
autogen.sh, but then configure breaks with the following messages:

checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for intel-gen4asm... no
./configure: line 20681: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
./configure: line 20681: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'

Any tips what causes this error ?

Thank you,

--
:wq