current status for RV380 (RADEON X600) under X.Org

Julio Meca Hansen julio28 at jumec.jazztel.es
Sat Sep 23 10:06:43 PDT 2006

Hi,

I read a post in the April-06 mail archive about the support for the RV380 (X600) chip,
and the response was to use the r300 driver, but I have some concerns about the actual
usability of the driver itself...

1. I currently (and recently, to be honest) have a Dell 2407WFP display, that's 1920x1200 at 60Hz

does the actual r300 driver has support for that resolution for the RV380 card at 24/32bpp?

2. I've been reading in the DRI status the following statement for all radeon cards above the 9250:
"Cards below this point are not well supported for 3D, but do have accelerated 2D"

is this statement still true? I mean... this statement has been present for ages, but I would
like to know what's the 'real' status of the driver at this present moment. what does it support and
what doesn't it support right now... how could I get to know about it?

3. will I be able to compile X.Org with support for AIGLX being this driver open-source or maybe
this driver has limited compliance with AIGLX or even... XGL?

Hope this aren't too much question, but I'm really interested about it :)

Thanks in advance,
Julio