Compile kdrive for embeded application,

Pierre-Olivier po.gregoire at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 15 02:19:01 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to compile kdrive to use it on as an embedded x server, using framebuffer. I downloaded xorg libraries and xorg sources from git. After compiling and installing protos and libs, I compiled Xserver with options :

--enable-kdrive --disable-xorg --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest --disable-xgl --disable-xephyr --disable-xsdl --disable-composite

I get a 15Mo Xfbdev binary while Xfbdev included in tinyX, from xfree86 used to be less than 1Mo.

1 - Is it the normal size of kdrive binaries or am I doing something wrong during compilation ?

2 - Is there a way to configure kdrive compilation to create a more optimised server with configure options ?
I tried to disable various extensions but with no result.

I only need 2D display on one screen using framebuffer and input from PS2 keyboard and mouse.

Pierre-Olivier