Bring on the release wrangling

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Sep 13 13:30:12 PDT 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:
> For the nomination phase, if you own a module, kindly speak up as to which
> branch you want to be included in the 7.2 katamari, and which branches (if
> any) you plan to merge between then and now.

For the xdm module, which I'll admit to owning, I'm planning on a 1.1 release
from the head branch for 7.2.   (This brings in the PAM conversation rewrite
for compatibility with modules with interaction beyond a single password
prompt, and Xft support, plus a bunch of bugfixes.)

For xtrans, which I'm currently touching but refuse to admit responsibility
for, there's a couple more changes I'd like to get in and then release off
the head branch.

> For the X server, if you've got bits to merge, start talking about them so we
> can decide what needs inclusion.

Eamon Walsh & I have been discussing the possibility of merging XACE-modular
branch to head for this release.   Is there anything people would want to see
before we do this or anyone have a reason it shouldn't go in?   (It simply
integrates the XACE framework and modifies the XC-Security & AppGroup
implementations in the X server to use it - it does not provide the SELinux
or Trusted Solaris extensions, but does provide the framework so that people
working on or with them can just add them without having to patch the xserver.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com