Updated GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap protocol/spec

James Jones jajones at nvidia.com
Wed Sep 13 11:33:04 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 07:31 pm, Ian Romanick wrote:
> James Jones wrote:
> > GLX Protocol
> >
> >     Two new GLX protocol commands are added.
> >
> >         BindTexImageEXT
> >             1           CARD8                   opcode (X
> > assigned) 1           16                      GLX opcode
> > (glXVendorPrivate) 2           6+n                     request
> > length 4           1330                    vendor specific
> > opcode 4           CARD32                  context tag 4
> >    GLX_DRAWABLE            drawable 4           INT32
> >         buffer 4           CARD32
> > num_attributes 4*n         LISTofATTRIBUTE_PAIR    attribute,
> > value pairs.
> >
> >         ReleaseTexImageEXT
> >             1           CARD8           opcode (X assigned)
> >             1           16              GLX opcode
> > (glXVendorPrivate) 2           5               request length 4
> >           1331            vendor specific opcode 4
> > CARD32          context tag
> >             4           GLX_DRAWABLE    drawable
> >             4           INT32           buffer
>
> So, when did the opcodes change?  The libGL currently in Mesa
> implements this with the 5152 and 5153 as the opcodes.  Is this
> the last time the opcodes are going to change? :(

That's strange, I have no recollection of the opcodes ever being set
to 5152 and 5153.  I googled the mail where I assigned the opcodes
initially, and they have always been 1330 and 1331.

http://arkiv.netbsd.se/?ml=xorg&a=2006-04&t=1973051

Before that, 65544 was listed as the opcode for both functions in
the spec.  Mesa should be updated to use the correct vendor private
opcodes.  They won't be changing.

Thanks,
-James Jones

nvpublic