xcblock.c Assertion

Paul Moss moss.paul at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 08:27:17 PDT 2006

I just upgraded to Xorg -current and I had a problem running
some programs.  Firefox, most notably, also gaim, xchat (I think all
gtk apps) crash on load with this error:

xcl/xcblock.c:128: _XGetXCBBuffer: Assertion `((int) ((xcb_req) -
(dpy->request)) >=0)' failed.

I am not sure how to get more information for that particular error.
It has happened in both fluxbox and enlightenment.  And I have seen it
with more than 1 program, so I assume that it is related to my recent
upgrade of X.

I rolled back from the master branch in the git repos for the
lib/libX11 package to the 'stable' branch and recompiled.  Everything
appears to be working fine now.  Anyway, I just thought you all might
want to know.  Apologies if it was just something stupid I was doing.

Paul