Card recommendations

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Sep 11 05:29:10 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Monday 11 September 2006 13:58, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-11 at 12:41 +0100, Ian Grant wrote:
> > In the next month or two we will buy several dozen machines for use
> > with digital flat panel displays. Because it's the start of term in
> > October we can't wait for Xorg 7.2 release, sadly. Would it be foolish
> > to try to use ADD2 DVI cards and the modesetting i810 branch before
> > then? The displays are 1600x1200 so running them from analog might be
> > embarassing. But maybe I'll experiment a bit today.
>
> I have a 1680x1050 panel that I'm currently running with an analogue
> cable.  I tried the modesettings branch but it crashed for me (I've yet
> to get more gdb action to try and fix it up) so for now I'm using stock
> X, and with a decent VGA cable its surprisingly sharp.

I use the modesetting branch to drive my primary work display and
beamers on talks on the MacBook which usually works ok.

Maybe the modesetting can be merged to HEAD even without the
Xrandr updates to allow on-the-fly reconfiguration?

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45