Card recommendations

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at solutions.lv
Mon Sep 11 03:11:46 PDT 2006

В сообщении от 10 сентября 2006 19:29 Roo написал(a):
> I had a Matrox G550 -- and was proud of the fact that I was running an
> exclusively Free software stack. However, when going to from Fedora Core 4
> to Fedora Core 5 (which had a major GTK upgrade to use Cairo, and to xorg
> 7.0)... it suffered a major performance regression.

Yeah, I had Matrox G400 and G550 too.
Now I'm using Asus Radeon 9550 GE. It works somewhat better with Xorg 7.1 than
Matrox, but it's only stable when I turn off GLX (and DRI too, but turning
off just DRI seems not to be enough). As I guess, Xorg 7.2 must be far away
better.

By the way, I have two mentioned Matrox cards here in Latvia (G550 is plain
dualhead, DVI+VGA; G400 is single-head). I could try to mail one (donate it)
to an interested Xorg developer (as I remember, development of MergedFB for
matrox was never done because noone from xorg have there matroces anymore -
I've tried hacking driver myself, but with no real success).

--
/dev/brains: permission denied