Card recommendations

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 12:09:46 PDT 2006

> Which presents a problem to those of us looking to upgrade our systems
> to something modern (Currently have an RV250).  Given that most of the
> market is owned by nvidia and ati, it seems that the only choice is to
> get an integrated Intel chipset (I know nothing of sis or via drivers
> tho).  Never seen one with DVI output tho.  Kind of depressing the
> lack of options.

For what it's worth, the new Intel i965 chipset has me very impressed.
According to the documentation for my motherboard, it supports a kind
of add-on card that goes in the AGP or PCI-E x16 slot lets you add
display ports (TV-out, DVI) to the integrated graphics controller.

And, the i810 driver now has mergedfb support, IIRC.

Just my 2cents.

Andrew