Card recommendations

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sat Sep 9 08:53:29 PDT 2006

Hi,

On Sep 9, 2006, at 8:23 AM, Yogesh M wrote:

> On 9/8/06, Ian Grant <Ian.Grant at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a video card or cards for use with Xorg and
>> Windows in single, dual-head and single logical-display-on-two-
>> monitors configurations? I want one that has open source, well-
>> supported, bug-free drivers available for X.Org 6.9 and onwards
>> running on ix86 and x86_64 machines. I don't need top of the range
>> performance, just something that works well that I can forget about.
>
> I've been using nvidia card (FX5200) for single desktop spanning on
> two monitors without any problem on Linux as well as Windows. Also the
> newer drivers are much stable and fast doing composite stuff.

well - as usual I like to comment this with: Do not feed NVidia as the
the binary only driver is not available for all so many architectures
including my favorite PowerPC/PowerPC64.

Please try to choose a chip with full open source driver :-)

--
   René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
   +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45