EXA/Composite acceleration for R300

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Wed Sep 6 08:22:50 PDT 2006

>You should really use xf86-video-ati git, a lot has changed since the
>release that shipped with 7.0.
>
>Earthling Michel Dänzer           |          http://tungstengraphics.com
>Libre software enthusiast         |          Debian, X and DRI developer

I still am not able to switch to EXA because of the differences in speed (offscreen pixmaps still take time to appear). I guess this won't change until a memory manager is implemented for EXA?

I have to remain on XAA for now (and for composite stuff, EXA doesn't work at all for me, the X server will crash and restart if I want to use compiz).

Shawn;