XCB/AIGLX Matchbox/GTK

Guillaume FORTAINE guillaume.fortaine at wanadoo.fr
Tue Oct 31 18:23:53 PST 2006

Hello,

 I am French Engineer in Informatics and I would want to build a start
 up to  manufacture mobile phones ( OEM level ). I am currently in discussion
with investors.

We would want to port Matchbox to use AIGLX and XCB..

http://projects.o-hand.com/matchbox/

And GTK to use XCB .

And we would want to use this platform :

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=i.MX27&nodeId=
0162468rH311432973ZrDR

How we will be able to use OpenGL without a GPU ? ( someone from the XeGL
 team told me that it was possible to use compiz without hardware accelerated
 OpenGL )

How many people/much time ( full-time developers) are/is needed to success in
this enterprise ?

What is the best background they need to have to work on this ? ( C, Xserver,
Linux ? )

( we need these informations for our partners ).

We look forward to your answer,

Best Regards,

                                Guillaume