Virge and TV-out

Adam Sulmicki adam at cfar.umd.edu
Tue Oct 31 10:24:36 PST 2006

Hello,

I got ViRGE/GX2 card, like this as per lspci:

         01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. ViRGE/GX2 (rev 06)

I have tried TV-Out (via S-Video) on the said card. It works just fine and
out-of-box on Windows XP, and Linux text mode. However, I can't figure out
how to get the TV out working under X. I just get this jittery screen as
if when wrong refresh rate is given. I have tried many things (including
custom ModeLines ) but not even a single time I got a stable/recognizable
screen.

Fedora Core 6
xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.1.1-47.fc6
xorg-x11-drv-s3virge-1.9.1-2.1

If XP and Linux can, why X can't? Ideas?

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers