what happened to xserver-mach64??

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Mon Oct 30 10:09:39 PST 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, [iso-8859-1] Güven Türkol wrote:

> but everytime when I start X (xorg 7.1 with $startx)
> I get this fatal error althoug the ati driver is installed:
>
> FATAL: Module mach64 not found.
> [drm]failed to load kernel module "mach64"
> (EE) ATI (0): [dri] DRIScreenInit Failed
> (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable

This looks like a kernel issue (no DRM driver for mach64).  For that
matter, *is* there a kernel DRM driver for mach64 (I'm assuming linux)?
I couldn't find any obvious mach64 driver in the linux 2.6.18 sources.

Try commenting out the "load dri" and "load glx" lines in xorg.conf and
see what happens.