Will there be an X at FOSDEM2007?

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Mon Oct 30 01:59:33 PST 2006

Keith Packard writes:
 > On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 19:58 +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
 >
 > > In the turmoil of the upcoming board election, this is rather
 > > unfortunate timing, as it is impossible to get a solid backing from
 > > the board right now. But i do need to give Pascal Bleser (FOSDEM) an
 > > answer about the DevRoom ASAP.
 >
 > I can promise funding if X.org is unable to do so at this point.
 > Anything to ensure that I get to attend FOSDEM, eat mussels, drink beer
 > and shop for chocolate.

Keith,

thanks for your offer!

However if X.Org wasn't able to provide funding for this event
- after having a worthwhile precedence - it would serve as prove
of it being worthless and it would be time to disbandon it and
move on.

I do sincerely hope it doesn't get that far and we can actually
manage to get X.Org fund useful activeties.

Cheers,
	Egbert.