xf86-video-intel modesetting branch not compiling

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Fri Oct 27 15:27:52 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 23:58 -0700, Joel Ebel wrote:
> interesting.  That does allow it to compile.  Where did you get these
> values from?  What is supposed to be defining these?

They should have been exposed by your X server (you may need a current X
Server to build the driver).

> So now I've got it compiled and installed, and X sure thinks it's
> running, I'm just not getting anything on my monitor at all.  It says no
> signal.  I was even able to log in without looking at it.  So something
> is still missing.  End goal is to display 1920x1080 on my TV, which I
> wasn't able to do with the released driver, so I'm trying to get
> modesetting to work.

If this is to a CRT or a panel, file a bug with the log.  If it's with
the TV, we don't support any TV-out devices yet in the modesetting
branch, though it's planned at least for i915+ integrated TV out.
There's some work-in-progress code for the TV out in the branch, but I
haven't had time to finish it.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com