[Fwd: Buffer Overflow in NVIDIA Binary Graphics Driver For Linux (with exploit)]

Andy Ritger aritger at nvidia.com
Thu Oct 19 10:34:56 PDT 2006

Greetings,

To help clarify any misunderstandings about this security issue, NVIDIA
has posted an article in our online knowledge base:

     http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1971

Also, an updated driver from our stable Release 85 series has been
released today that includes a fix for the security issue:

     http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-8776.html
     http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_1.0-8776.html
     http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_1.0-8776.html
     http://www.nvidia.com/object/solaris_display_1.0-8776.html