Building modular...

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Fri Oct 6 14:52:04 PDT 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 17:37, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 04:22:10PM -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > I'm having a problem with the modular build using jhbuild.  When
> > configuring for libX11, it complains that xcb-xlib isn't installed (just
> > as the jhBuildInstructions at http://wiki.x.org/wiki/JhBuildInstructions
> > say will happen).
>
> Those instructions say, "Until we fix xcb's repository layout..." XCB's
> repository layout has been fixed for a couple of weeks now. Somebody
> should fix the jhbuild modules and the build instructions.
>
> The components you need are git/xcb/xcb-proto and git/xcb/libxcb.
>
> --Jamey

Well, I'm getting closer, I think.  I grabbed git/xcb/libxcb and ran
autogen.sh.  The configure stage created an xcb-lib.pc file.  However, when I
run make, I get:

for i in bigreq.xml  composite.xml  damage.xml  dpms.xml  glx.xml  randr.xml
record.xml  render.xml  res.xml  screensaver.xml  shape.xml  shm.xml
sync.xml  xc_misc.xml  xevie.xml  xf86dri.xml  xfixes.xml  xprint.xml
xtest.xml  xvmc.xml  xv.xml ; do  rm -f $i ;
ln -s /home/adamk/xorg/include/X11/XCB/$i $i ;  done
/usr/local/bin/xsltproc --stringparam mode source  --stringparam
base-path /home/adamk/xorg/include/X11/XCB/  --stringparam
extension-path /home/adamk/xorg/include/X11/XCB/  -o bigreq.c ./c-client.xsl
bigreq.xml
warning: failed to load external entity "bigreq.xml"
unable to parse bigreq.xml
*** Error code 6