Bring on the release wrangling

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Oct 4 09:24:20 PDT 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:
> For the X server, if you've got bits to merge, start talking about them so we
> can decide what needs inclusion.  I've got a smallish patch set in Fedora
> that I want to see included, which mostly takes care of the problem of EDID
> mode injection and some miscellaneous other autoconfig bits.  We've also got
> a fairly constant bug level relative to 7.1 and I'd like to see that come
> down a bit.

Which branch is going to be released as RC1 this week?   I see Daniel made a
server-1.2-branch at the end of August, but nothing's been committed to it
since - is that the branch we're using and are there any rules on committing
to it now?

For the branches nominated for merge, what's the process for deciding?   Since
we got no objections to the XACE-modular merge, can we assume it's approved
for merging to the server for 7.2/1.2 RC1?

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com