7.3 release

Hanno Böck ml at hboeck.de
Thu Nov 30 13:51:27 PST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 30. November 2006 19:29 schrieb Daniel Stone:
> So, we're obviously a bit late, but RC3 is basically ready now, and that
> means we should (theoretically) be able to do the final release in a
> week.  This means that any fixes you really, really want to push for the
> final release should've gone in two weeks ago.  If there's anything else

It seems that with xorg-server-1.1.99.902 aiglx/texture_from_pixmap is
completely broken. I tried both compiz and metacity-compositor.

metacity:
Fenstermanager-Warnung:Log level 16: No texture created - maybe Texture From
Pixmap extension is not present?

compiz:
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x1600008 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x22000a2 can't be bound to texture

This also happens when applying kristians patches 01, 02, 05 (from
people.freedesktop.org/~krh/compiz-on-aiglx). The others are already applied
or reject.

I think it would be urgend to fix aiglx before releasing.

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber: jabber at hboeck.de