glXBindTexImageEXT causing error

Heinrich Janzing h.janzing at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 30 06:46:38 PST 2006

Hi,

I'm writing an OpenGL composite/window manager, and I ran into a strange
problem. When I call glXBindTexImageEXT, the next X call (whether it be a GLX
one or not) consistently causes a GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest (Major opcode
142, minor opcode 16). I tried not grabbing the server while calling
glXBindTexImageEXT, but that didn't seem to matter.

Any ideas as to why I seem to be getting a "delayed" error, what exactly this
error means, or even better, how to avoid getting an error at all?

Code snippet:

void Texture::enable()
{
	XGrabServer(getDisplay());
	XSync(getDisplay(), false);
	glEnable(getTarget());
	GLuint tmpName;
	glGenTextures(1, &tmpName);
	setName(tmpName);
	glBindTexture(getTarget(), getName());
	glXBindTexImageEXT(getDisplay(), getGLXPixmap(), GLX_FRONT_LEFT_EXT, NULL);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
	glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
}

I'm linking to the Mesa libGL, since ATI's doesn't implement
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap.

Rendering happens after this method is called. Now the next X request will
cause the error.

I'm running Ubuntu Edgy Eft, using the 6.5.1~20060817-0ubuntu3 mesa packages.
(OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.5.1)) and Xorg 1:7.1.1ubuntu6
packages.

Thanks,

Heinrich