xhost and Major opcode of failed request: 109 (X_ChangeHosts)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 28 14:54:17 PST 2006

I have seen this on many lists but haven't found the explanation or
answer.

If doing "xhost +user@", you may get something like:

user@ (unix.0@(none)) being added to access control list
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  109 (X_ChangeHosts)
  Value in failed request:  0xfe
  Serial number of failed request:  7

I have read about this going back over 16 years.

Where is this documented?

What can be added to the xhost.man to better explain this?

If this has been already covered, please point me to it.

Thanks,

Jeremy C. Reed