via k8m890 very slow with vesa

Henrik Lundberg henrik at chamalulu.com
Tue Nov 28 13:50:18 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 22:46 +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> What I'm saying is that trying to make vesa performance slightly less
> horrible is not going to take much less time as it would take to add
> proper VT3230 support.

I see what you mean, but I think my problem now is not just vesa's
inherent lack of performance. In the x11perf output I attached earlier I
think there are strange figures and I've seen performance for window to
window copies fall extremely between my 7.0.0 install and my current
7.1.1 .

I don't think this is just vesa being a generic driver. This must be a
bug or setup problem on my machine.

/Henrik