DVI output with nv driver

gbz at hey.shacknet.nu gbz at hey.shacknet.nu
Tue Nov 28 01:43:18 PST 2006

I have a Geforce 7300 card with one D-sub and one DVI connector. The DVI connector seems unusable with the nv driver. It even cannot just be plugged in, because that cuts the signal of the D-sub.

I read old messages here implying that the nv driver is only capable of using a "2nd" DVI output, not the "1st". Is that correct?
Then wouldn't it be a good thing to add information on this fact to http://wiki.x.org/wiki/nv and the manpage?

Anyway, it works with the vesa driver, albeit with one major drawback: best resolution available is 640x480. Is there a way to get high-resolution picture on both D-Sub and DVI using OSS driver?
Or would I have better luck with an ATI card? The manpage for "radeon" tells that dual-view is completely supported.

Thomas