via k8m890 very slow with vesa

Henrik Lundberg henrik at chamalulu.com
Mon Nov 27 13:02:46 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 23:02 +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> This is time wasted. It's not that hard to provide proper K8M890
> support.

Well, that may be so, and eventually I'd be happy to use a chip-specific
driver. But for now I just need to have a usable desktop. This is why I
use vesa since no prepackaged driver for my chip exist in Debian yet.
You may think lazy of me, but I honestly haven't got the time to invest
in skills so I'd easily get unichrome working. If it's really no problem
I would very much appreciate a simple HOWTO.

I have VT3230 and on unichrome.sf.net you state that Sadly, support for
anything newer than VT3108 is currently nonexistent. If this is not the
case, I'd be happy to try it out.

Best regards
/Henrik