via k8m890 very slow with vesa

Henrik Lundberg henrik at chamalulu.com
Sun Nov 26 13:41:21 PST 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 21:53 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> No, vesa has never supported acceleration and as the spec stands now,
> never will.  Are you sure you were using vesa before?  Do you have a
> log anyway from your old setup or any x11perf results?
>
> Alex

I have a log from running 7.0.0 (to my suprise ;-). I attach it...

As you clearly state there is no acceleration in vesa driver, I think
there is some other problem wich didn't occur when running 7.0.0 .
What can I do to diagnose this, I don't know much about how X works.

I'll run x11perf to produce some numbers. If they look strange, maybe
you could have a look or point me in the right direction.
Thank you.

/Henrik