fixing the recurring Mesa build problem

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 07:47:47 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > On 11/20/06, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Doesn't sound like there's a good solution to this problem.  Yay,
> >> autoconf :(
> >>
> >> I guess we'll just have to stick with hard-coded filenames for the
> >> time being.  I plan to wrap up Mesa 6.5.2 on Wednesday.
> >

> > Looks like that's the best plan. One thing I was thinking about that
> > could be helpful here is to have the hard-coded list in one spot
> > rather than in symlink-mesa.sh and in all the Makefiles. If you're
> > interested, the patch I sent earlier could easily be changed so that
> > the hardcoded list is just in GL/mesa-include.mk. Then only that file
> > would need to be changed.
>
> Perhaps you could re-post that patch (or a new one) so we can review it.

Here's the patch again with some small changes. This time I actually
built xserver a couple times, so I'm pretty sure it really works.

First patch is to Mesa to add all the headers to the sources files.
This adds one missing file in src/mesa/shader/slang/library. I pruned
out the shader/programopt.[ch] as they were never used by Xorg. Also,
I needed to add grammar.c to the shader/grammar header list as it's
included by grammar_mesa.c.

Second patch is to xserver and is pretty big. GL/mesa-include.mk
contains all the needed sources from Mesa. These should match the
values in the Mesa sources and build the same objects when the lists
were also kept in the Makefile.am's. Then there are the list targets
which just echo out the Mesa sources for symlink-mesa.sh.

--
Dan