965 modesetting trouble

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 08:01:25 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 15:02 +0000, Marcelo Coelho wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I have an intel dg965wh and i'm trying to put my 19"tft working with
> it. I use 855resolution to put it at 1440x900, but the screen is
> trimmed down on the sides and moved down a bit.
>
> How can i access the modesetting branch to test if it works for me?
> How is it going these days?

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel
cd xf86-video-intel
git checkout modesetting

I have a 965 but it's attached to a CRT so I've not needed modesetting.
This CRT appears to be on it's way to the great beyond, though, and my
next monitor will be a flat panel, so maybe I will need it in the
not-too-distant future...