How to determine modular paths?

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Fri Nov 17 03:05:17 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 10:43:31AM -0800, Andy Ritger wrote:
> >SUSE will include xorg-server.pc on openSUSE 10.2 by default without
> >the need to install a devel package. Unfortunately we won't install
> >pkg-config by default, which makes this rather useless again. :-(
>
> That's good news about the .pc file, but bad news about pkg-config.

For whatever reasons (usually you get INVALID as response when try to
get devel packages installed by default) I've been able to convince
our project manager to include pkg-config by default. So the curent
mechanism will work on openSUSE 10.2.

But I agree with Kevin that an Xserver option for parsing would be the
better approach.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany