lots of trouble with xorg git...

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Nov 16 11:53:16 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:50:54AM +0100, Roland Scheidegger wrote:
> Jamey Sharp wrote:
> >If the above comments don't help: Would you file a bug report, ...
>
> I can do that if you want, though I'm not sure it's worth losing any
> sleep over this. It's a too old distro, it doesn't quite seem to work
> too well nowadays, and I'm going to nuke it anyway... Could be some
> buggy/misbuilt gtk libs.

In searching for uses of Xlibint.h in current Gtk+ CVS, I can't see any
way for it to cause the bug you're seeing. It's only used in gdkasync.c,
and looking at the CVS history, that file hasn't really changed since
2.8 was branched, so there's no obvious culprit yet. But since I'm
running Gtk+ 2.8.20 and you're running 2.8.9, I suppose there could have
been some bug in your version that's been fixed since.

Still, I can't rule out the possibility that there's some really subtle
bug in the new libX11 and yours is just the first case where anybody has
noticed. So thanks for filing the bug report.

I may be able to test on a SUSE 9.1 box in the next few days, and
we'll see if I can reproduce the problem; or if any of the several
SUSE engineers on this list want to look into it, I'd sure appreciate
that. :-)

--Jamey