Merge branch 'master' ??

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 14 13:37:40 PST 2006

> >   Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver
> >
> > I don't know what caused that.
>
> You probably ran git-pull (which does more than people tend to expect)
> when you already had your change committed locally.
>
> > Is that a problem?
>
> It is a problem (if minor) IMO because it clutters up the revision
> history in gitk. It can be avoided using git-fetch and git-rebase
> instead of git-pull.

Thanks for the info.

I also get:

glacier:/opt/xorg-src-git/xserver$ git push origin
error: remote 'refs/tags/xorg-server-1_1_0' is not a strict subset of
local ref 'refs/tags/xorg-server-1_1_0'. maybe you are not up-to-date and
need to pull first?
error: remote 'refs/tags/XORG-7_1' is not a strict subset of local ref
'refs/tags/XORG-7_1'. maybe you are not up-to-date and need to pull first?

Now I read postings at

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2006-April/006648.html
and
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2006-October/018699.html

But still am unclear on this.

git-diff doesn't show my changes anymore. And "git-rev-list origin..HEAD"
shows nothing. How can I tell if my change to xserver/configure.ac was
committed upstream?

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-commit/2006-November/thread.html
archives doesn't show it yet. And since I have error listed above, I don't
know.