7.2.0 RC1 / RC2 Segfault

Gerte Hoogewerf g.hoogewerf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 01:28:52 PST 2006

Hi,

Newer xorg-servers have some kind of automatic input device detection
on server startup. I discovered a configuration that makes the server
crash during initialisation. I'm talking about crashes on
xorg-server-1.1.99.901 and xorg-server-1.1.99.902.

This ServerLayout works:
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "normal"
        Screen          "Screen0"
        Inputdevice     "Mouse0" "Corepointer"
        Inputdevice     "Keyboard0"
EndSection

This ServerLayout also works (autodetection):
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "normal"
        Screen          "Screen0"
EndSection

This one crashes (say: semi-automatic):
Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "normal"
        Screen          "Screen0"
        Inputdevice     "Mouse0" "Corepointer"
EndSection

When the InputDevice section of Mouse0 is as follows:
Section "InputDevice"
        Driver          "evdev"
        # Uit /proc/bus/input/devices
        Option          "Name" "Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse"
        Identifier      "Mouse0"
EndSection

The problem does not occur when the (xf86-input-)mouse driver is
specified in the InputDevice section of Mouse0. So, it might also be
an evdev specific problem here.

Tested:
xorg-server-1.1.1 OK
xorg-server-1.1.99.901 CRASHING