Bugfix Radeon AIW 9000 i2c issue

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Mon Nov 13 14:33:47 PST 2006

Alain Péteut wrote:
> Package: xserver-xorg-video-6.6.3
>
> The log entry is:
> (II) RADEON(0): Detected Radeon 9000 - skipping multimedia i2c initialization
> code.
>
> After the modification all seams to be ok and theatre200 stuff is working
> greatly.
Usually there's a reason for blacklisting specific chipsets - i.e. it
might lockup with other cards with the same pci id. In this case though,
I think the change may be ok. Note that the initial code actually never
disabled it on radeon 9000, as it used the wrong pci id (secondary). The
commit which changed that was 8734a5d0bafb60f5e38b2cee10587f01fc016379,
and I'm not sure the change for the rv250 If was completely intentional
as the comment only mentions blacklisting mobility x300. And even if it
was intentional it might no longer be needed due to the code introducing
  a i2c timeout there.

Roland