xcb + build.sh + util + demo

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Nov 11 15:55:42 PST 2006

On Sat, Nov 11, 2006 at 04:04:58AM +0100, Ron Wezeman wrote:
> Have build default with util/modular/build.sh when adding 'build xcb
> util' above row 'build xcb demo'. Now get's the error:

First, you don't need either xcb-util or xcb-demo for the rest of X.org.
You can just remove them from your build if you're having trouble.

Second, I can't reproduce this problem with a current git clone. Your
compile is not including -lxcb, which you need:

> gcc  -g -O2   -o hypnomoire  hypnomoire-hypnomoire.o
> hypnomoire-reply_formats.o  -lm -lpthread

But when I compile, it works fine:

gcc  -g -O2   -o hypnomoire  hypnomoire-hypnomoire.o
hypnomoire-reply_formats.o -L/usr/local/lib -lXCBAux -lxcb   -lm
-lpthread

I don't know what the problem is, but you might check that your
pkg-config and automake are reasonable versions and are working
properly. Did the configure script successfully find XCB and XCBAUX?

--Jamey