Default modules to load ...

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Nov 7 15:23:32 PST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 12:47, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 04:09:18PM +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > Anyone, who knows where in the sources the module list is specified,
> > which is loaded by the X Server by default? Looks like "dri" is now in
> > this list (maybe because of AIGLX), about which I'm not so happy ...
>
> It's in
>
>   hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:xf86ModulelistFromConfig()
>
> But this default list is only used, when the Modules section is
> emmpty. So I'm happy with it.

Yeah, I synchronized all the lists I could find during the autoconfig work.

DRI is in the list because that's the correct thing to do.  DRI support should
be loaded if it's available, and if it doesn't work that's just a bug that
needs fixing.  DRI has historically been the first thing people turn off
whenever there's any question of stability, and that's the wrong place to be
in because it means the bugs _stay_ unfixed.

We've had accelerated 3d support for eight years now; maybe it's time we made
it work.

- ajax