Dual-head setup

Chris Debenham chris at adebenham.com
Mon Nov 6 20:33:35 PST 2006

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:11:05 -0800
philn <philn at telus.net> wrote:

> Chris Debenham wrote:
> > On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:32:56 -0800
> > philn <philn at telus.net> wrote:

> >> I just booted into OpenSuse and copied the xorg.conf into /etc/X11
> >> then restarted X via gdm. Both screen went black and the system
> >> froze but before it did the TNT boot blurb displayed on the screen
> >> connected to the intel chipset.
> >>
> >> I can reboot into single no problem and copy any logs or files
> >> that might be helpful if that would help.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> > The Xorg.0.log file will hopefully tell us where it failed.
>
> Here it is (please let me know if it would be better to attach things
> like this from now on).

For big files like that attaching would be better/easier to read

... clipped ...

> It just stops here.

I guess the next step is to see if you can get each head working
individually.  Ie. edit the ServerLayout section to only refer to
"Screen 1", test, then change to "Screen 2" and test again.
That way we can see if it is due to a particular card, or the
combination of both.

--
I Am A Computer:
Dumber Than Any Human And Smarter Than A Windows Administrator.