Intel i810 EXA support

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Mon Nov 6 18:33:38 PST 2006

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 20:07 -0500, Andrew Barr wrote:
>
>> Do any of the Intel people on this list have any thoughts on EXA support in
>> the driver--specifically for an 855GM chip but also generally as well--and
>> maybe an idea of what's ahead?
>>

> EXA in general isn't working quite right, and the Intel driver has
> additional problems, so for now, stick with XAA. We're hoping to have
> EXA support usable in a few months.

Just some questions for the curious and impatient ...

Do the EXA changes you mention here include merging exa-damagetrack? :)
I had marvelous success with compositing with this branch on my r300
back a couple of months ago, by I'll be damned if I can make it compile
these days.

Also, for integrated Intel cards such as mine at work that have a
*maximum* of 8MB available ... of shared memory ... is there any hope
for EXA and compositing? I remember that on my old Powerbook ( 64MB
Radeon 9200 I think ), EXA used to chew up memory like you wouldn't believe.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
email: dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au