X Video, XvPutVideo: ATI Radeon M7 Bus Mastering corrupts video capture buffer

John Klingler john at jupiter.com
Mon Nov 6 11:22:34 PST 2006

When using M7 bus mastering to DMA data from the video capture buffer
the data gets corrupted, developing severe motion artifacts.

I verified that the problem is at the source by setting the M7's overlay
buffer to coincide with the capture buffer. There is no problem until
you start the DMA.

I did not have this problem with the ATI M3. The ATI M7 driver for
Windows also does not have this problem. The bus mastering code I use is
the same so the problem appears to be elsewhere, probably in the
initialization.

Does anyone have some experience with, or insight into this?

John Klingler