ATI Radeon X300 crashes my X11

Miguel Cardenas warlockxxi at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 08:39:49 PST 2006

Hello list

Am not sure if this is the right list or place to post my problem but I've searched in a lot of places, at all of them appear that the ATI RAdeon X300 works fine, they show different procedures and configurations, but I keep having this problem when starting xorg:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org
 for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.

XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I've tried the driver from ATI.COM, the driver in the linux kernel (RTC+AGPGART+DRI), tried as Framebuffer (FB_RADEON), and in all cases and all combinations xorg aborts when starting because "signal 11".

My doubt is, do XORG support ATI Radeon X300 video chip ONBOARD (Intel D101G motherboard)? and if so, where can I get the right instructions or at least generic ones that involve possibly kernel, acpi, etc. that may affect the driver.

Thanks for your help and sorry if it is not the right forum for my question but I think that if my problem involves xorg crash maybe could find here some guidance.

Regards,
Miguel