i965 textured video crash

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 08:26:25 PST 2006

On 11/4/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 17:28, Luca Dionisi wrote:
> > On 11/3/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Yes, a patch was checked into git that fixed the issue. Use the git HEAD
> > > version of the driver to fix it.
> >
> > I'm trying with GIT HEAD of the driver. Now the configure says:
> >
> > ./configure: line 19509: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
> > ./configure: line 19509: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'
>
> I saw this occasionally when I built Xorg components from development source.
> I don't know why it happens, but just deleting those checks from configure.ac
> and re-running autogen.sh seems to do the trick. Of course, you'll need those
> protocol packages installed still, the configure script just won't check for
> them now.

Ok, silly me.
I tried it within my fedora 6. I should have installed
xorg-x11-server-sdk before.
Now it builds and installs. I also had to install libdrm 2.2.

Now xvinfo says I've got one adaptor, which is named "Intel textured..."

But it is much slow. It has artifacts when I move the player window.
And when I rotate the cube (compiz) the video remains where it was.

Is it the state of the art of the driver?

I will soon try and redo the installation in a cleaner system. Fedora 6 comes
with a 2.6.18 kernel, I had to install a new kernel, and maybe I forgot
something.

Thanks for now.
--Luca