[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.2.99.0

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Nov 3 12:03:25 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 11/3/06, Brian Paul <brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com> wrote:
>
>> Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
>> >
>> > Mesa version detection in xorg-server configure stuff would be nice
>> (+ forcing
>> > some version never than XYZ).
>>
>> Well, I was working on a method to allow dropping any version of Mesa
>> into the X tree and have things just work, but that was foiled by an
>> autoconf problem related to include files.
>

> Brian,
>
> I was wondering where you got to on that and what approach you were
> taking. I had a couple ideas, but it looks tricky. Any public repo
> where you have your sandbox? Diff?

I basically was changing the Makefile.am files to include a file (from
Mesa) listing all the source files, rather than have the source files
explicitly listed in each Makefile.am.

The problem is the "include sources" line I was going to use is
evaluated at auto-conf time, before the Mesa symlinks have been made
(the symlink-mesa.sh script).

See the "Re: fixing the recurring Mesa build problem" thread from last
week.

-Brian