[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.2.99.0

Brian Paul brian.paul at tungstengraphics.com
Fri Nov 3 10:34:43 PST 2006

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Thursday 02 November 2006 23:19, Brian Paul wrote:
>

>>>Ok, so build bugs for now,
>>>
>>>1) tries to use mipmap.c in linking but doesn't know where the source
>>>exists; workaround
>>>ln -s ../../../Mesa-%{mesa_version}/src/glu/sgi/libutil/mipmap.c \
>>>  GL/mesa/main/mipmap.c
>>
>>That's wrong.  The former file is in the GLU library.  You should be
>>linking to the src/mesa/main/mipmap.c file.
>

> I'm using Mesa 6.5.1 which doesn't contain mesa/main/mipmap.c. I see that cvs
> Mesa contains this file. Will check.
>
> Mesa version detection in xorg-server configure stuff would be nice (+ forcing
> some version never than XYZ).

Well, I was working on a method to allow dropping any version of Mesa
into the X tree and have things just work, but that was foiled by an
autoconf problem related to include files.

>>This is a side-effect of your mistake in (1).
>>

>>>3) I had to do:
>>>sed -i -e 's#CONFIG_H#XXX_MESA_CONFIG_H#g' GL/mesa/main/config.h
>>>because -DHAVE_CONFIG_H was passed at gcc command line and
>>>GL/mesa/main/config.h was never included due to:
>>>#ifndef HAVE_CONFIG_H
>>>#endif
>>>thing
>>
>>I don't understand what that's all about.  Mesa's config.h file has
>>nothing to do with autconf.
>
> Sorry for mistake. There is CONFIG_H not HAVE_CONFIG_H.
>
> GL/mesa/main/config.h content is guarded by:
> #ifndef CONFIG_H
> #define CONFIG_H
>
> whole content
>
> #endif
>
> Now the include/config.h is included which also does #define CONFIG_H
> (verified that it's included by adding #error something to include/config.h).
> GL/mesa/main/config.h contents are ignored because CONFIG_H is already
> defined. Temporary workaround: sed -i -e 's#CONFIG_H#XXX_MESA_CONFIG_H#g'
> GL/mesa/main/config.h works.

I see that Daniel has offered a fix, but I can just as well change
Mesa's config file too to prevent future problems.

-Brian