i915, Textured Video, and Compositing?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Nov 2 17:48:37 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 15:28 -0700, Jeffrey K. wrote:

> I have an i915, and when using compositing with the 1.7.2 driver, I'm
> still getting that funny blue image on areas of a video where, for
> example, a shadow of some other window overlaps, whereas the rest of
> the video looks fine.

Yeah, it's got textured video enabled, but it's not the first video
adapter in the list, so a naïve client will pick the overlay video
instead.

I whacked it around recently so that textured video came first, but that
change hasn't made it into a release. The only change needed was to
re-order the creation of the two video adapters to place the textured
video one first.

keith.packard at intel.com