Dumping input-hotplug branches on master

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Thu Nov 2 03:38:05 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 12:41:07PM +0200, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 11:05:52AM +0100, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> > >
> > > No, none of them are aimed for 7.2.  This is why the server, inputproto,
> > > and libXi were branched.  Any releases of evdev, mouse, and keyboard
> > > for 7.2 should be done off a new branch, should someone want to do them.
> >
> > Thanks. I'm also asking because with the 7.2 RC1 release ajax has been
> > announced, that the updates in /releases/individual are part of the
> > release. At least this was my understanding.
>
> Not all of them.
>
> > Most components got a version bump for RC1, and are available at:
> >
> > http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/development/X11R7.2-RC1/
> >
> > as well as in the usual spot under /releases/individual.  Note that this
> > contains _only_ updated components; for everything else, use 7.1.
>
> Right.
>
> > Maybe I was wrong and the following updates in /releases/individual
> > were not part of RC1?
>
> The only ones part of RC1 were the ones updated on or before that day.

That's fine. I only mentioned these. :-)

> Everything since is assumed not to be, until RC2 rolls along and
> clarifies things.  This is one part of where our process sucks.
>
> Unfortunately, RC1 never got any -announce mails, which would've made
> everything a bit clearer.
>
> Maybe my development stuff should be moved to
> /releases/development/individual, to make it clear that they are not
> part of the 7.2 release.  Oh well.  Learning experience. ;)

Yes, I think this makes sense. libX11-1.0.99.1.tar.bz2 is probably
another candidate for this new directory.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany