Where to get help

philn philn at telus.net
Wed Nov 1 23:45:53 PST 2006

Chris Debenham wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:17:19 -0800
> philn <philn at telus.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Seeing as no one is interested in making an attempt to address my
>> previous problem about xorg freezing my system with every distro
>> tried (just a little minor annoyance) could anyone at least point me
>> to where I might be able to get some help?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Mate, this mailing list has a fair volume so it is easy for a single
> message to get missed by subscribers.
> Generally xorg configuration issues are best handled by your distro,
> but I'll see if I can help :-)
> I searched back through the list archive and found your original message
> (4 days ago)
> Since xorg's auto configuration is not working you will need to do it
> manually.  You said that you had a working xorg.conf from knoppix that
> only enabled one-head.
> Could you send me that file and the output of 'lspci' so I can see what
> pci-id the cards are?
> I'll have a look at that see what needs to be added to enable dual-head
>
> Cheers,
>   Chris

Thanks Chris - really appreciate the reply. I'll get on it later tonight
as I'm busy working in another (so-called) os just now. Sorry if that
message was a little snippy - Ive been getting frustrated by X since
Debian 2; I just keep thinking that one day it'll just - work.

ps Is there a list faq somewhere?