add custom ModeLine for xorg 7.1.1 ??

Stephen Coffin xigc1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 14:06:44 PST 2006

I'm trying to configure xorg 7.1.1 for FC6, but I am unable to get it to recognize my custom modelines.  I added them to the Monitor section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf the same as always, with the Modes line in the screen section.  But it never seems to act on the new ModeLine.  I get an error in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file that says the named mode is not found; ie., the Mode line is being seen by the X server but apparently not the ModeLine lines.  Are the Modelines moved somewhere else, or maybe the format of xorg.conf is changed. or maybe I'm missing something??  I know the X server can do what I want since xvidtune acts just like always.  Any comments appreciated....
                                         =S.Coffin
                                        xigc1 at yahoo.com