Directfb Xorg server

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Tue May 30 18:46:11 PDT 2006

Adam Jackson wrote:

> These extensions are only ever built for the xfree86 DDX.  The code for them
> won't even get linked into the other DDXes:
>
> ~/xserver/xorg% nm hw/vfb/Xvfb | grep VidModeExtensionInit
> ~/xserver/xorg% nm hw/xfree86/Xorg | grep VidModeExtensionInit
> 080ba5f0 T VidModeExtensionInit

Let me throw in a tangential observation, and note that since the XF86VidMode
extension provides the only X11 standardized way of accessing
frame buffer video lookup tables (RAMDAC's), that any frame buffer
driver that doesn't support the "GammaRamp" portion of this extension,
won't be capable of being color calibrated.

Graeme Gill.